Prep Time: 15 min
Heat on stove 20 min
2 Tbs olive oil
1 med yellow onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 med green bell pepper, chopped
1 med red bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbs chili powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 (28oz) can diced tomotoes, w/ liquid
2 (15oz) cans red kidney beans, drained
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained
1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
1 cup corn (optional)
2 sm zucchinis, chopped (optional)
1 lg carrot, chopped (optional)
sour cream, topping (optional)
Monterary cheddar cheese, topping (optional)
1. Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Chop the onions, carrots, celery, peppers and garlic, cook for 10-12 min. Add jalapenos oregano, cumin, chili powder and salt. Stir to blend.
3. Add tomatoes and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil then gently simmer over low heat, uncovered, for 10 min.
4. Add beans and simmer an additional 10 min.
5. Garnish bowls with sour cream and cheese if desired.
This gluten free recipe is a healthy, fulfilling meal the whole family will enjoy. You won’t have to fight with your kids over eating their vegetables tonight. Pair your delicious soup with Grandma’s Homemade Gluten Free Corn Bread to complete your meal. Enjoy!
Grandma’s Homemade Gluten Free Corn Bread
This delicious, moist gluten free cornbread recipe is one of my all time favorite comfort foods.
Gluten Free Bisquick
Check out other Gluten Free Bisquick recipes.