Prep Time: 20 min
Start to Finish: 50 min
Have a busy day tomorrow? No worries, this gluten free meal can be prepared the night before; simply cover and refrigerate to bake the next day.
4 medium bell peppers
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups marinara sauce
1 3/4 cup water
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic salt
2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
1 jalapeno (optional), chopped
feta cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 13x19x2in glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Halve each pepper lengthwise, from the stem to the base. Remove the seeds and cut off the stems.
3. In a heavy skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until nicely browned and the liquid has evaporated, about 5 min.
4. While the meat is cooking, in a separate pan bring water to a boil. Add rice, simmer for 1o min, covered. Stir in 1 cup marinara sauce, the cooked rice, onion, oregano, thyme, and garlic salt.
4. Spoon mixture into peppers. Spoon any leftover mixture around the peppers. Drizzle remaining 1 cup marinara sauce over peppers.
5. Bake, covered, for 30 min. Sprinkle with cheese. Enjoy!
Please feel free to use any type of bell pepper you prefer. I usually purchase the pepper that is in season and cost less. To spice up your Stuffed Pepper Poppers add a splash of your favorite hot sauce. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Taco Pasta Toss
Check out this Rachael Ray recipe with a gluten free twist.
Supreme Gluten Free Chicken Fajitas
These phenomenal chicken fajitas include onion, peppers, zucchini and more.