This comfort food makes a great meal the whole family will enjoy. They won’t even be able to tell its gluten free. I like to make this meal on Sunday’s, so there is plenty of yummy leftovers for lunch during the week.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 2 hours
1 (4-5 lb) ready-to-cook stewing chicken
3 cups water
1 bay leaf
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 medium onion, diced
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 (16oz) frozen mixed vegetables
3/4 cup milk
3 Tbs cornstarch
1 1/2 cups Bisquick Gluten Free mix
2/3 cup milk
4 Tbs butter, melted
2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1. In large saucepan, combine chicken, water, onion, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
2. Remove chicken from broth; cook and remove meat from bones. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside. Skim excess fat from froth. Discard bay leaf. Bring broth to a boil. Add mixed vegetables and chicken.
3. In small bowl, mix milk and cornstarch until smooth; add into chicken mixture, stir well. Heat just to boiling.
4. Preheat over to 350°.
5. In small bowl, mix dumpling ingredients with fork until well blended. Separate dough into 8 rounded spoonfuls; gently drop dough onto boiling chicken mixture.
6. Cook over low heat, uncovered, for 10 min. Cover, cook 15 min longer. Enjoy!
Bisquick Chicken and Dumplings
In a hurry? No worries, check out Bisquick’s fast and easy gluten free chicken and dumplings version.
Gluten Free Bisquick Review
Learn more about Gluten Free Bisquick.