Mix up your typical Mexican dinner with this tasty southwestern style lasagna.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook/Chill Time: 40 min
1 pound ground turkey or beef
1 cup canned whole kernel corn or frozen corn, thawed
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 cup chunky salsa
1 (3 oz) package taco seasoning
1 (16 oz) low fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried leaf oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 9×13-in baking dish.
2. In medium saucepan, brown meat over medium-high heat until completely brown; drain. Add corn, tomato sauce, salsa and taco seasoning. Mix well, simmer about 5 min.
3. In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic salt. Mix well.
4. In prepared baking dish, arrange 6 tortillas on bottom of dish, overlap as necessary. Top with half the meat mixture. Spoon half of cheese mixture over meat. Top with half the shredded cheese. Repeat.
5. Bake in oven for 40 min. Let stand 10 minutes before serving to allow lasagna to cool and firm. Serve with additional chunky salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!
To make this dish healthier, substitute turkey for beef and use 40% less sodium taco seasoning. We only add half the taco seasoning mix to reduce even more sodium and calories.
To make this dish spicier, substitute with hot & spicy taco seasoning and hot chunky salsa.
P.S. To my surprise, this dish also makes great leftovers!
Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
See which brands of taco seasoning are gluten free.
Gluten Free Taco Pasta Toss
Check out this Rachael Ray recipe with a gluten free twist.