Ordering gluten free Chinese can be difficult sometimes. The last couple of times I’ve tried, I’ve gotten sick. There is room for contamination anywhere from the soy sauce to the batter to they use. This recipe not only tastes great, but is also a lot of fun to make!
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 cup corn starch
3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 (16 oz) frozen stir fry vegetables, thawed
1 large yellow onion, sliced
3 1/2 cups water
4 cups instant brown rice
1. In small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and mix well, set aside.
2. In medium bowl, add all batter ingredients, mix well. The mixture will have a paste-like consistency. Add chicken to batter to coat.
3. In large wok, heat oil on medium-high about 3 minutes. Use fork to remove one chicken piece at a time. Allow excess mixture to drip off. Fry chicken until crispy. Set cooked chicken aside in medium bowl. Repeat until all chicken is fried.
4. In the same large wok, heat oil on high heat. Add onions and stir fry to mixture, cook about 3 minutes. Add sauce to stir fry, cook until thick. Add a little water if the stir fry gets too thick.
5. While stir fry is cooking, begin cooking rice as package directs.
6. Add chicken to stir fry, cook until all is hot and bubbly. The quicker the chicken is reheated the crispier the chicken will stay. Serve chicken stir fry on rice and enjoy!
Spice up the meal with Cayenne Pepper Begin with adding 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper and slowly add more to taste. Cayenne pepper can have a pretty good kick to it, and make your meal too spicy if you add too much.
Gluten Free Mexican Lasagna
Mix up your typical taco dinner with this tasty southwestern style lasagna.
Gluten Free Cream Cheese Cookies
Easy gluten free cream cheese frosting taste great with these soft, easy to make cookies.