These soft chicken tacos have the perfect amount of flavor in its blend of savory seasonings. These authentic tacos taste so delicious; it’s hard to tell their even gluten free.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1/4 cup gluten free beer or white wine vinegar
2 tsp minced garlic
3 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp sugar
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
Chicken seasoning, to taste (for chicken)
16 corn tortillas
Toppings: lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, avocados, taco sauce, onions and/or sour cream.
1. In large saucepan, mix tomato sauce, beer, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and sugar and simmer on low.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Rub chicken with chicken seasoning, turning once, until light golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Carefully add chicken to tomato sauce mixture; bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until cooked through, flipping once, about 20 minutes.
3. Transfer chicken back to large skillet; reserve sauce in pan. Using two forks, shred chicken breast. Transfer chicken to saucepan with sauce, mixing to combine; continue to cook until sauce reduces and blends into chicken, about 10 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet used for chicken over medium-high. Place tortillas in one at a time, cooking tortillas for 15 seconds on each side. Transfer tortillas to a serving plate with a dry paper towel. Alternate tortillas with paper towels.
5. Scoop chicken mixture into warmed corn tortillas. Garnish with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Easy Warm Tortillas – For real easy warm tortillas simply put a tortilla on a plate, covered with a damp paper towel. Alternate tortillas with paper towels. Microwave all the tortillas for 45 seconds. Keep tortillas in warm, damp paper towel until ready to serve.
Supreme Gluten Free Chicken Fajitas
These phenomenal gluten free chicken fajitas include onions, green peppers, zucchini and more.
Mexican Style Pork and Potato Verde
This tender pork, potatoes and beans recipe is a complete meal in one.