Corn dogs are a great meal for the whole family to enjoy. I came across this recipe on Gluten Freely. This recipe was surprisingly delicious and fairly easy to make.
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
Oil for deep frying
1/2 cup gluten free cornmeal
1/2 cups Bisquick Gluten Free mix
2 Tbsp sugar
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup milk
1 (16 oz) pkg gluten free hot dogs
Sticks, if desired
1. In deep fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 3-inches oil to 375°.
2. In medium bowl, mix cornmeal, Bisquick and sugar. Beat in egg and milk with whisk. Batter consistency will be of thick pancake batter. If needed, add extra Bisquick mix to thicken. Place hot dogs on sticks, or cut into bite-sized pieces. Roll hot dogs in batter until covered.
3. Fry in hot oil 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Hot dogs may need to be flipped once. Drain on paper towel-lined plate. This recipe makes enough batter for 1 package hot dogs. Serve with ketchup and mustard. Enjoy!
Double this recipe and freeze the leftovers for a busy day. Allow corn dogs to cool to room temperature, then place corn dogs on baking sheet and freeze. Once corn dogs are fully frozen, put them into freezer bags. Reheat the corn dogs in oven at 400° for about 20 minutes.
Gluten Free Chicken Enchilada Bake
This incredible meal includes chicken, corn tortillas and a deluxe cream cheese filling.
Easy One-Dish Lemon Chicken & Potatoes
This easy recipe is a complete meal in one delicious dish.
Posted in Appetizers, Budget Friendly, Fast & Easy, Main Dishes, Party Recipes
Tagged Bisquick Gluten Free, Corn Dogs, cornmeal, Deep Fry, Easy, Fast, Freeze, Inexpensive
This meal is one of my favorites, and has always been a crowd pleaser. I make this pizza for meals and appetizers, and I am always asked for the recipe. Check it out!
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yields: two pizzas, 12 to 16 slices
1 (18.25 oz) package ‘King Arthur’s Flour’ Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
1 1/4 cups warm water
3 large eggs
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups Sweet & Zesty gluten free BBQ Sauce (or your favorite brand)
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 (6 oz) package grilled chicken, shredded
2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
1/4 cup jalapenos (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare pizza crust as package directs with water, eggs and olive oil.
3. Top each pizza crust with BBQ sauce, red onion, chicken, cheeses and jalapenos.
4. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
To make this dish spicier; top with spicy jalapenos and red pepper flakes.
Freeze Gluten Free Pizza Crust
See how to save time and money by freezing homemade gluten free pizza crust.
King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Pizza Crust
Check out gluten free pizza crust reviews and recipes.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook: 10 min
Serves 9 cups
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
1 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
4 1/2 tsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce
3 cups Corn Chex Cereal
3 cups Rice Chec Cereal
1 cup salted mixed nuts
1 1/2 cup gluten free pretzels (optional)
1. In large microwave bowl melt margarine on high 1 min.
2. Stir in salt and sauce. Add Chex, pretzels and nuts. Mix until coated.
3. Cook on high 6 min. Stirring every 2 min. Spread on paper towel to cool. Store in airtight container.
Stove Top Directions
1. Preheat oven to 250.
2. In small microwave bowl, melt margarine.
3. In huge shallow roasting pan (15x10x2) add melted margarine, salt and sauce. Stir together. Add Chex, pretzels and nuts. Stir until all pieces are coated.
4. Heat in oven 1 hour. Stir every 15 min. Spread on paper towel to cool. Store in airtight container.
Crunchy Gluten Free Caramel Corn Chex
Mix up you’re traditional gluten free Chex mix with this tasty caramel recipe.
Gluten Free New York Cheesecake
This light, refreshing cheesecake is unlike any cheesecake you’ve had before.
Posted in Appetizers, Budget Friendly, Fast & Easy, Party Recipes, Treats, Vegetarian
Tagged Chex, Easy, kid friendly, Peanuts, pretzels, snacks, tasty