Start to Finish: 30 min
1 (12oz) gluten-free penne
3 Tbs unsalted butter
1 Tbs gluten free all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 pd boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 Tbs Cajun spice blend
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 firm-ripe Roma tomatoes, cored and sliced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil. Cook gluten free Penne according to package directions.
2. In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour; stir for 1 min. Add half-and-half; stir until thickened, 6 min. Remove from heat; add Parmesan, red pepper flakes, cover.
3. Rub cajun and cayenne evenly onto chicken. Warm oil in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in center, 6-8 min. Slice chicken into strips.
4. In large serving bowl, toss pasta with sauce. Top with chicken and tomatoes. Enjoy!
Spicier For those you who enjoy spicy food, add 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes to give this recipe a real kick!
Sweet & Zesty Gluten Free Spaghetti Sauce
This recipe is quick, easy and inexpensive to make and taste amazing.
Gluten Free Stuffed Pepper Poppers
Have a busy day tomorrow? No worries, this gluten free meal can be prepared the night before.
I have fallen in love with this recipe! Not only does this sauce taste amazing, it is quick, easy and inexpensive to make. This recipe makes a lot for only around $15, and leftovers store great in the freezer for a busy day. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have!
Prep Time: 10 min
Start to Finish: 30 min
1 small onion, chopped
1 lb Italian sausage
1/4 cup olive oil
1 (46oz) can tomato juice
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
2 (12oz) can tomato paste
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp sweet leaf basil
2 1/2 tsp garlic salt
3-4 whole bay leaves
2 cups sugar
1 pkg mushrooms (optional)
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1. In large sauce pan, simmer olive oil and small onion until onions are soft, about 5 min.
2. In separate pan, cook Italian sausage on medium high until completely brown. 3. Add all of the ingredients and sausage to large sauce pan. Bring to a boil and continue to cook on low for 20 min.
4. Meanwhile, begin cooking gluten free noodles of your choice as package directs. Serve spaghetti sauce with gluten-free noodles of your choice.
This recipe makes enough sauce for two lasagnas. Freeze any leftovers in an airtight container for a fulfilling meal on a busy day.
Jam-Packed Savory Jambalaya
Mix up you’re ordinary dinners with this fun, jam-packed recipe.
Gluten Free Chicken & Dumplings
This comfort food makes a great meal the whole family will enjoy.
Posted in Budget Friendly, Condiments & Sauces, Entree, Fast & Easy, Main Dishes, Pasta
Tagged Cheap, Easy, great leftovers, italian sausage, Pasta, sauce, simple, tasty