Indulge on this inexpensive, easy gluten free snack the whole family will enjoy. I brought this into work the other day and the whole bowl was gone within minutes. This is a great treat to bring to parties or keep to yourself for a bedtime snack.
1-8 oz bag ‘Kitchen Cooked’ puffed corn
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1-1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 250°. Grease a large roasting pan. Pour puffed corn into pan.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda; this will cause the mixture to thicken and rise. Stir in vanilla.
3. Immediately pour caramel over puffed corn in prepared large roasting pan. Add pecans and mix well.
4. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 min. Remove from oven.
5. Cool completely on wax paper. Break up any clumps and store in tightly covered container.
We eat a lot of ice cream at our house, so I saved a few of the 1 gallon ice cream containers to store snacks like this one in. This makes the delicious puffed caramel corn simple to store and easy access. Enjoy!
The Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
This moist, rich pumpkin bread is truly one of the best gluten free recipes around.
Gluten Free JELL-O Cake
This moist, refreshing dessert is easy to make and perfect for any event.