This incredible meal includes chicken, corn tortillas and a deluxe cream cheese filling. Not only is it simply divine, it’s also fairly simple to make.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
1 large onion, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 (8 0z) cream cheese
2 lbs boneless-skinless chicken, cooked and shredded
3/4 cup salsa
1 (8oz) pkg mild cheddar cheese, shredded
16 corn tortillas
2 (14 oz) cans enchilada sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Have one 9×13-inch baking dish ready. Spread one can of enchilada sauce on the bottom of pan.
2. In large saucepan, saute onion in oil over medium-high for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add chili powder, garlic powder and ground cumin.
3. Add cream cheese to large saucepan, cook over low-heat stirring constantly until melted. Add chicken and salsa, stirring over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes until hot. Remove from heat, add 1-1/4 cups of cheddar cheese.
4. Spoon 1/3 cup mixture into each corn tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in pan. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30. Enjoy!
Cook the chicken on the grill while preparing the mix or simply cook the chicken ahead of time. I usually prepare the enchilada mix, while my spouse grills the chicken. Don’t be afraid to put your man to work, too.
Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
See which brands of taco seasoning are gluten free.
Gluten Free Taco Pasta Toss
Check out this Rachael Ray recipe with a gluten free twist.
Ordering gluten free Chinese can be difficult sometimes. The last couple of times I’ve tried, I’ve gotten sick. There is room for contamination anywhere from the soy sauce to the batter to they use. This recipe not only tastes great, but is also a lot of fun to make!
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 cup corn starch
3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 (16 oz) frozen stir fry vegetables, thawed
1 large yellow onion, sliced
3 1/2 cups water
4 cups instant brown rice
1. In small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and mix well, set aside.
2. In medium bowl, add all batter ingredients, mix well. The mixture will have a paste-like consistency. Add chicken to batter to coat.
3. In large wok, heat oil on medium-high about 3 minutes. Use fork to remove one chicken piece at a time. Allow excess mixture to drip off. Fry chicken until crispy. Set cooked chicken aside in medium bowl. Repeat until all chicken is fried.
4. In the same large wok, heat oil on high heat. Add onions and stir fry to mixture, cook about 3 minutes. Add sauce to stir fry, cook until thick. Add a little water if the stir fry gets too thick.
5. While stir fry is cooking, begin cooking rice as package directs.
6. Add chicken to stir fry, cook until all is hot and bubbly. The quicker the chicken is reheated the crispier the chicken will stay. Serve chicken stir fry on rice and enjoy!
Spice up the meal with Cayenne Pepper Begin with adding 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper and slowly add more to taste. Cayenne pepper can have a pretty good kick to it, and make your meal too spicy if you add too much.
Gluten Free Mexican Lasagna
Mix up your typical taco dinner with this tasty southwestern style lasagna.
Gluten Free Cream Cheese Cookies
Easy gluten free cream cheese frosting taste great with these soft, easy to make cookies.
This meal is one of my favorites, and has always been a crowd pleaser. I make this pizza for meals and appetizers, and I am always asked for the recipe. Check it out!
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yields: two pizzas, 12 to 16 slices
1 (18.25 oz) package ‘King Arthur’s Flour’ Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
1 1/4 cups warm water
3 large eggs
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups Sweet & Zesty gluten free BBQ Sauce (or your favorite brand)
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 (6 oz) package grilled chicken, shredded
2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
1/4 cup jalapenos (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare pizza crust as package directs with water, eggs and olive oil.
3. Top each pizza crust with BBQ sauce, red onion, chicken, cheeses and jalapenos.
4. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
To make this dish spicier; top with spicy jalapenos and red pepper flakes.
Freeze Gluten Free Pizza Crust
See how to save time and money by freezing homemade gluten free pizza crust.
King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Pizza Crust
Check out gluten free pizza crust reviews and recipes.
This comfort food makes a great meal the whole family will enjoy. They won’t even be able to tell its gluten free. I like to make this meal on Sunday’s, so there is plenty of yummy leftovers for lunch during the week.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 2 hours
1 (4-5 lb) ready-to-cook stewing chicken
3 cups water
1 bay leaf
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 medium onion, diced
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 (16oz) frozen mixed vegetables
3/4 cup milk
3 Tbs cornstarch
1 1/2 cups Bisquick Gluten Free mix
2/3 cup milk
4 Tbs butter, melted
2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1. In large saucepan, combine chicken, water, onion, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
2. Remove chicken from broth; cook and remove meat from bones. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside. Skim excess fat from froth. Discard bay leaf. Bring broth to a boil. Add mixed vegetables and chicken.
3. In small bowl, mix milk and cornstarch until smooth; add into chicken mixture, stir well. Heat just to boiling.
4. Preheat over to 350°.
5. In small bowl, mix dumpling ingredients with fork until well blended. Separate dough into 8 rounded spoonfuls; gently drop dough onto boiling chicken mixture.
6. Cook over low heat, uncovered, for 10 min. Cover, cook 15 min longer. Enjoy!
Bisquick Chicken and Dumplings
In a hurry? No worries, check out Bisquick’s fast and easy gluten free chicken and dumplings version.
Gluten Free Bisquick Review
Learn more about Gluten Free Bisquick.