Truly one of my all time favorite recipes! The main reason I always make several loaves of this Pumpkin Bread is because it freezes so well. I can keep it in my freezer for several weeks and then simply set the loaf out on the counter to thaw for breakfast the night before. This delicious gluten free bread tastes as moist and fresh as the day I made it.
This recipe works great with three-2lb loaf disposable aluminum pans. These pans are easy to give away, freeze and reuse.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 1 hour
Makes 2-3 loaves
3 ½ cups ‘King Arthur Flour’ multipurpose gluten free flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2/3 cup water
2 cups Libby’s pumpkin puree
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour 3 bread pans.
2. In large bowl, add all dry ingredients, mix well.
3. Add all other ingredients, mix until smooth and creamy.
4. Bake in preheated over for 1 hour or until toothpick poked in the middle of each loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan. Enjoy!
I usually end up giving away the other two loaves, because otherwise I will eat all them all myself. This recipe truly is too delicious.
Easy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
This delicious, easy recipe makes a great breakfast and is easy to travel with.
Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake
What’s better than fresh strawberries, whip cream and a sweet, moist shortcake underneath?
Indulge on this inexpensive, easy gluten free snack the whole family will enjoy. I brought this into work the other day and the whole bowl was gone within minutes. This is a great treat to bring to parties or keep to yourself for a bedtime snack.
Prep Time: 10 min
Start to Finish: 1 hour 10 min
1-8 oz bag ‘Kitchen Cooked’ puffed corn
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1-1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 250°. Grease a large roasting pan. Pour puffed corn into pan.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda; this will cause the mixture to thicken and rise. Stir in vanilla.
3. Immediately pour caramel over puffed corn in prepared large roasting pan. Add pecans and mix well.
4. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 min. Remove from oven.
5. Cool completely on wax paper. Break up any clumps and store in tightly covered container.
We eat a lot of ice cream at our house, so I saved a few of the 1 gallon ice cream containers to store snacks like this one in. This makes the delicious puffed caramel corn simple to store and easy access. Enjoy!
The Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
This moist, rich pumpkin bread is truly one of the best gluten free recipes around.
Gluten Free JELL-O Cake
This moist, refreshing dessert is easy to make and perfect for any event.
Posted in Budget Friendly, Desserts, Party Recipes, Treats, Vegetarian
Tagged Budget Friendly, Caramel, Christmas, kid friendly, puffed corn, Snack, tasty