This incredible meal includes chicken, corn tortillas and a deluxe cream cheese filling. Not only is it simply divine, it’s also fairly simple to make.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
1 large onion, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 (8 0z) cream cheese
2 lbs boneless-skinless chicken, cooked and shredded
3/4 cup salsa
1 (8oz) pkg mild cheddar cheese, shredded
16 corn tortillas
2 (14 oz) cans enchilada sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Have one 9×13-inch baking dish ready. Spread one can of enchilada sauce on the bottom of pan.
2. In large saucepan, saute onion in oil over medium-high for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add chili powder, garlic powder and ground cumin.
3. Add cream cheese to large saucepan, cook over low-heat stirring constantly until melted. Add chicken and salsa, stirring over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes until hot. Remove from heat, add 1-1/4 cups of cheddar cheese.
4. Spoon 1/3 cup mixture into each corn tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in pan. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25-30. Enjoy!
Cook the chicken on the grill while preparing the mix or simply cook the chicken ahead of time. I usually prepare the enchilada mix, while my spouse grills the chicken. Don’t be afraid to put your man to work, too.
Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
See which brands of taco seasoning are gluten free.
Gluten Free Taco Pasta Toss
Check out this Rachael Ray recipe with a gluten free twist.
This light, refreshing cheesecake is unlike any I have had before. This is an all time favorite for our family, and is a great dessert to bring to any event. It truly is the perfect gluten free cheesecake.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 1 hour
Chill Time: 5 hours
Yields 12 slices
1 (7 oz) pkg ‘Schar’ Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies, crushed
2 Tbs butter, melted
4 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 (8 oz) sour cream
1 Tbs vanilla
1/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease round 9-inch springform cake pan.
2. In medium bowl, mix short bread cookie crumbs and melted butter with fork. Press onto bottom of prepared pan with flat spatula. (Spray bottom of flat spatula with cooking spray to reduce sticking)
3. In large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until creamy and smooth. Blend in milk and eggs; stir well, about 3 min. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until well blended and smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
4. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and continue to keep cake in oven with door closed for 2 hours; this helps prevent cracking. Chill in refrigerator for 3 hours or until ready to serve.
Cracking occurs in cheesecakes from over mixing the filling or having too many air bubbles. Rapid chilling of the cheesecake may also cause cracking. This method of cooling will prevent cracking, but be sure not to over mix the filling.
If cracking does occur; thinly slice strawberries on top to cover the cracking before serving. Most people will not even notice the cracking, because the cheesecake is simply divine.
This dessert can be served as is, as well as with berries of your choice. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Cream Cheese Cookies
Easy gluten free cream cheese frosting taste great with these soft, easy to make cookies.
Delectable Gluten Free Chocolate Dessert
Check out this simple chocolate dessert the whole family will enjoy.