This zesty sausage and potato soup is truly one of my favorite gluten free meals. This recipe taste just like the Zuppa Toscana soup served at the Olive Garden.
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
4 Tbsp or 1 (2.8oz) bottle bacon bits
1 large white onion, diced
2 tsp garlic, minced
10 cups water
5 cubes of chicken bouillon
3 large Russet potatoes
1 lb ground Italian Sausage (mild or medium)
1 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
1 cup (half pint) of heavy cream
1/4 bunch of kale
1. In large saucepan, cook bacon, onions and garlic over low-medium heat for 10 minutes or until onions are soft. Meanwhile, slice the potatoes with the skins on.
2. Add chicken bouillon and water to pot and bring to a boil. Add sliced potatoes and cook until soft, approximately half an hour.
3. Meanwhile, cook Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in medium saucepan. Drain excess fat and set aside.
4. Add heavy cream, stir well. Stir in sausage and heat through. Add kale and serve. Enjoy!
Spicier To make this dish spicier add 2 Tbsp crushed red pepper and use medium ground Italian Sausage. This will give more of a hot, zesty kick to this filling soup.
I often freeze the leftovers to save for a day when I’m feeling under the weather. Nothing taste better than a delicious, homemade soup when your feeling under the weather. Best part is, all you have to do is heat the soup up.
Grandma’s Homemade Gluten Free Corn Bread
This delicious, moist cornbread recipe is one of my favorite comfort foods.
Classic Gluten Free Beef Stew
This comfort food is a complete meal in one simple dish.
Personally, there’s nothing like a tasty, home-cooked pizza on a Friday night. But since we’re heading to Chicago this weekend, I made it tonight. Growing up my mom would split up the pizza crust and let us top our own pizzas. Have some family fun this weekend with your food and let your kids add their own toppings. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yields: two pizzas, 12 to 16 slices
1 (18.25 oz) package ‘King Arthur’s Flour’ Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
1 1/4 cups warm water
3 large eggs
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups pizza sauce
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup green pepper, diced
1 lb ground sausage, cooked
2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
1/4 cup jalapenos (optional)
1/4 cup black olives, sliced (optional)
dash of fresh basil (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare pizza crust as package directs with water, eggs and olive oil.
3. Top each pizza crust with pizza sauce, red onion, green pepper, sausage, cheese, jalapenos, black olives and fresh basil.
4. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
To make this dish spicier; use spicy ground Italian sausage, and top with spicy jalapenos and red pepper flakes. Be sure to double check the Italian sausage ingredients, I unfortunately made this mistake and got glutened
P.S. This dish also makes great leftovers!
Gluten Free Taco Pizza
This delicious taco and pizza combination is a Midwest favorite.
King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Pizza Crust
Check out gluten free pizza crust reviews and recipes.